Posts Tagged ‘iTunes’
Got the approval early this morning: The Startup Success Podcast is now on Apple iTunes at:
You should be able to find it at the iTunes Store in 1 or 2 days, according to Apple.
If you’re interested in knowing how this gets done circa Oct. 2008 from wordpress.com, here’s how:
- Upgrade WP storage – that lets you upload and serve out podcasts.
- Take the WP feed and burn it at http://feedburner.com.
- At FeedBurner, under Optimize, fill in all the Smartcast stuff. Keep descriptions short and make your point in the first few words – that’s what people see in the Description field in iTunes. Avoid abbreviations! – no matter what you try it will look like “& nbsp” either in your feed or iTunes.
- Take the time in Feedburner>>Optimize>>FeedFlare to give your listeners/readers as many options as make sense for subscribing: subscribe by email, use Add to Any, etc. Think of this feedburner feed as your secondary feed – as of now, WP does not allow you to replace it’s feed with it, so offer it alongside.
- See this Apple support post for a current working link to submit your podcast to iTunes, prep it, etc.: http://www.apple.com/itunes/whatson/podcasts/creatorfaq.html also see this much more detailed version: http://www.apple.com/itunes/whatson/podcasts/specs.html#changing
- Before you submit, go into iTunes>>Advanced>>Subscribe to Podcast… and give it your feedburner feed to validate.
- When submitting, be patient. It takes about 5 minutes for Apple’s servers to grind through validating your feed.
- You’ll get an email saying you’re successfully submitted in about 20 minutes.
- You’ll get an email saying you’re in in about 12 hours.