Archive for the ‘Admin’ Category
A few people have had issues downloading partial files since the WordPress 2.7 upgrade. We assume this issue will work itself out, but in the meantime, you can also download the podcast files from http://tinyurl.com/startupsuccess.
Also, if you would like to subscribe from Zune, just add the feed https://startuppodcast.wordpress.com/feed/ to your podcast subscriptions.
Finally, some people have suggested that the levels could be evened out more … I will improve that starting on the next podcast, #9 (soon!).
Thanks for your all your support – please keep the feedback coming!
Jeff Schoolcraft was posted this morning at The Business of Software Forum that my publisher Apress is doing today a one day ebook sale on my first book, Micro-ISV: From Vision to Reality. You can get it here for $10 instead of $20.
I think this is a cool idea on Apress’ part, so I’m going to match it. So for the next day or so, you can get my ebook, MicroISV Sites that Sell! for $9.50 instead of $19.00. Just go to the ebook page on 47hats, page down to MicroISV Sites that Sell! section, click Add to Cart, enter the code “onedaysale” and buy it. Enjoy!
Got the approval early this morning: The Startup Success Podcast is now on Apple iTunes at:
You should be able to find it at the iTunes Store in 1 or 2 days, according to Apple.
If you’re interested in knowing how this gets done circa Oct. 2008 from wordpress.com, here’s how:
- Upgrade WP storage – that lets you upload and serve out podcasts.
- Take the WP feed and burn it at http://feedburner.com.
- At FeedBurner, under Optimize, fill in all the Smartcast stuff. Keep descriptions short and make your point in the first few words – that’s what people see in the Description field in iTunes. Avoid abbreviations! – no matter what you try it will look like “& nbsp” either in your feed or iTunes.
- Take the time in Feedburner>>Optimize>>FeedFlare to give your listeners/readers as many options as make sense for subscribing: subscribe by email, use Add to Any, etc. Think of this feedburner feed as your secondary feed – as of now, WP does not allow you to replace it’s feed with it, so offer it alongside.
- See this Apple support post for a current working link to submit your podcast to iTunes, prep it, etc.: http://www.apple.com/itunes/whatson/podcasts/creatorfaq.html also see this much more detailed version: http://www.apple.com/itunes/whatson/podcasts/specs.html#changing
- Before you submit, go into iTunes>>Advanced>>Subscribe to Podcast… and give it your feedburner feed to validate.
- When submitting, be patient. It takes about 5 minutes for Apple’s servers to grind through validating your feed.
- You’ll get an email saying you’re successfully submitted in about 20 minutes.
- You’ll get an email saying you’re in in about 12 hours.
Hi there! You’ve just happened across the Startup Success Podcast. Your hosts – Bob Walsh of 47hats.com and Patrick Foley of Microsoft – are hard at work on our first podcast. Look for it soon!
By the way, why not add us to your RSS reader so you won’t miss that first show..!