Show #8: Joel Spolsky, Part 2.
In our eighth show, we continue our interview with IT legend, Joel Spolsky, on the recession and startups, GYM’s future, the Cloud and more. Joel is the cofounder of Fog Creek Software (Fogbugz), the force behind the Joel on Software blog and forums, a podcaster and cofounder of Stack Overflow.
Also, Pat and I discuss a better way to ask “What app should I build as my startup?”, I suggest a good holidays thing to do for your customers, Pat makes a good pitch for Microsoft Azure, and we have another Startup for Startups for your consideration.
If you like the podcast, Please review it on iTunes.
Who should we interview in 2009? Send us your suggestions!
Bob Walsh is on twitter at http://twitter.com/bobwalsh or you can email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Patrick Foley is on twitter at http://twitter.com/patrickfoley or you can email him at email@example.com
URLs mentioned in this episode of the Startup Success Podcast.
- Lou Carbone on defining your customers’ experience.
- Great e-cards to send your customers: Jacquie Lawson.
- A programmer’s best online friend: Stack Overflow.
- Joel Spolsky’s Joel on Software.
- The Business of Software forum.
- TechCrunch and Techmeme.
- Final Cut Studio 2.
- Microsoft Azure.
- Getting proactive about customer satisfaction with GetSatisfaction.com.
- Not mentioned in the podcast: Bob’s new ebook, The Twitter Survival Guide, is out. More here and here.