Show #47, How to get acquired – the Go Test It Story.
This week Bob interviews again Martin Kleppmann of Go Test It, this time about his recent sale to Red Gate Software. Also in the interview is Simon Galbraith, co-CEO of U.K.-based Red Gate Software about how this acquisition looked from his side of the table. It’s a fascinating view inside an actual small startup early exit – and how it really works.
Pat has some breaking news about Office Web apps, and Bob works finally works cats into the show. Also, last show, Martin was kind enough to offer our listeners a 30% discount. To try Go Test It! free for 30 days (and get the 30% off after that), go to: http://gotest.it/ssp.
Please call in your suggestions, comments and constructive criticisms to our Listener Hotline at 206-202-6473. When you call, tell us if it’s okay to play your comment in our podcast.
URLs mentioned in this show.
- 10 Scholarships to StartupToDo.com for St. Louis, MO founders. Details here.
- Go Test It (Special offer for Startup Success Podcast listeners.)
- Martin’s Go Test It Blog.
- So you can teach an old company new tricks!
- Office Web Apps: http://www.microsoft.com/office/2010/en/office-web-apps/default.aspx
- Example of one of Pat’s on Live: http://cid-89954899ad5cfa2d.skydrive.live.com/view.aspx/Public/Test.xlsx
- SharePoint 2010 beta: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/ee514561.aspx
- Office 2010 beta: http://www.microsoft.com/office/2010/en/default.aspx