Archive for August 1st, 2009
This week Bob talks to Jay Cincotta and Kendall Miller about their launch of Gibraltar Software. Jay and Kendall explain how they came to decide to do a startup, how their using Twitter to publicize it, finding companies to partner with and more.
Gibraltar collects, analyzes and visualizes errors, system events, computer configuration details and .NET trace messages to let you create a customer experience improvement program (CEIP) as well as streamlining internal testing, beta testing and product support of .NET desktop and web applications.
Pat is off this week, giving Bob an opportunity to shamelessly plug his new book, The Web Startup Success Guide and to mention you can pick up Chapter 6 – Social Media and your Startup free from Apress.
Please review it on iTunes: we need your feedback!
URLs mentioned in this episode of the Startup Success Podcast:
- eSymmetrix’s Gibraltar Software.
- A good example of how to use a screencast to promote your startup’s product: 8-minute video demo.
- Gibraltar Software’s blog.
- Twitter feeds for @JayCincotta, @KendallMiller and @GibraltarSoft.
- The Twitter tool Bob mentioned: Twitter Charts.
- The Web Startup Success Guide.
- Free sample chapter, “Social Media and your Startup“, from The Web Startup Success Guide.